There are hundreds of animals listed in the pages of the Holy Bible. Sometimes the Lord used the characteristics of animals as illustrations for His people to imitate or avoid. This month (on the lighter side) we will consider what we can learn from our furry and feathered friends.
- Don’t be like a Mule
The Ox and the Donkey are sometimes smarter than people
- I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye. Do not be like the horse or like the mule, Which have no understanding, Which must be harnessed with bit and bridle, Else they will not come near you. Psalm 32:8-9
Imitate the Ant
- The ox knows its owner And the donkey its master’s crib; But Israel does not know, My people do not consider. Isaiah 1:3
- Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. Proverbs 6:6-11
Sheep or Goat?
- As a dog returns to his own vomit, So a fool repeats his folly. Proverbs 26:11
We are like Sheep
- All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats. Matthew 25:32
A Horse’s strength doesn’t impress God
- All we like sheep have gone astray; We have turned, every one, to his own way; And the LORD has laid on Him the iniquity of us all. Isaiah 53:6
The Deer is a picture of the faithful
- He does not delight in the strength of the horse; He takes no pleasure in the legs of a man. The LORD takes pleasure in those who fear Him, In those who hope in His mercy. Psalm 147:10-11
The Sparrow finds a home
- As the deer pants for the water brooks, So pants my soul for You, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When shall I come and appear before God? Psalm 42:1-2
You will be like the Eagle
- Even the sparrow has found a home, And the swallow a nest for herself, Where she may lay her young — Even Your altars, O LORD of hosts, My King and my God. Psalm 84:3
- But those who wait on the LORD Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31
The Lord bless and keep you.